Monday, January 30, 2017

My Prezi

I was recently introduced to My Prezi. What is a Prezi?  It is a way to make Presentations on the web that you can access anywhere with Wi-Fi.  They even have a Prezi app.  
Here is the website. https://prezi.com/dashboard/

It is a great public website that has a multitude of possibilities and free templates.  It is more interactive than PowerPoint and allows videos to be embedded into the presentation.  It allows for voice overs and images.  It is definitely worth your time to try it out.  If you are interested in making a family tree, this might be the ideal resource for you.
I found the website easy to use.  I had a question about inserting a hyperlink and the help button was very helpful.  Thirty-four seconds later I had my answer.

Here is my sample Prezi.



It walks you through my life and some of the places I have had the opportunity to teach and work with children of various ages.

I currently work with four and five-year-olds.  I showed them my Prezi.  They giggled when they saw me in the Presentation and several children had different questions about who I was with and what I was doing.  I answered each one of them.

In the years to come, when I do graduate from CSCC I want to work with school age children either as an interpreter or as a teacher to deaf students K-3.  American Sign Language sentence structure is very similar to a pre-school child's grammar.  They talk about the subject and then ask the question.  Example:  Me!  Hungry!     

If you get a chance, give Prezi a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment